HOW TO SUBMIT ARTWORK TO
DESK&DOOR NAMEPLATE CO.
We utilize a Macintosh based system and can accept artwork that was created using any of the following programs:
• Adobe Illustrator 10 saved as an (.ai) or (.eps) file
• Adobe InDesign 2.0 saved as an (.id) file
• FlexiSIgn 7.5 saved as an (.fs) file
FILE TRANSFER METHODS
We accept the following media:
• ZIP 100MG Disk
• CD-R or CDRW
• via E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Files no larger than 2MB!!)
TIPS & TRICKS
• If your artwork was created on a PC, you must use the above listed software.
• If your artwork requires a specific typeface (font) you must include the name of the typeface along with any correspondance to our office.
• If your artwork was not created with one of the above listed programs, we can recreate your artwork for an additional fee.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I send a file using an earlier form of Illustrator?
• Answer: Use of our specific version of Illustrator is not necessary as long as the file does not EXCEED the version that we are using. This is in regard to Illustrator CS. Although you can revert your saved file to the previous versions, that method does not create a compatible file that works with our computer plot signage system. There is an 'Artwork Recreation Surcharge' for any file sent this way. Other than CS, all versions of Illustrator are compatible with our system.
How do I email artwork?
• Answer: Open a new message in your email program. Address the letter to: email@example.com. Click on 'Attach' or 'Add Attachment' and choose the name of the file which you wish to send. Write a message stating your Purchase Order Number or Customer Number and the name of your salesperson. Hit Send! FYI: Some email programs will not allow you to send your file if it is over 5MB, Our email server will not accept an artfile over 2MB, so be sure that your file not only conforms to your email servers guidelines, but ours as well!
I emailed you my file, Why didn't you receive it?
If you have any other questions or need to know how to shrink the MB size of your artfile, please contact the Art Department at (815)806-8670 x 18